Note: Only State Committee members and candidates to fill vacancies need to register. Everyone else will be able to watch the livestream of the convention.
Please note: Due to another Executive Order from Andrew Cuomo and “changing COVID guidance” imposed upon the hospitality industry, the venue hosting the Libertarian Party of New York’s State Committee Convention and Organization Meeting has informed the Convention Oversight Committee that the venue cannot host more than 50 people in their meeting room.
Therefore, the 2020 Libertarian Party of New York and Organization Meeting is set for September 26-27, 2020, to be held entirely online through Zoom and National’s convention app, Porcupine.
Anyone who registered for the convention will be contacted regarding their options for a refund. General registration will be free and the Gold Sponsorship package will be reduced from $500 to $250. To cancel your hotel reservation, call the Radisson directly at 914-576-3700 ext. 237.
- Standard Registration Package (FREE) – covers convention, speakers, and Zoom password for remote access for State Committee members and those seeking vacancies.
- Gold Sponsor Package ($250) – recognition of your sponsorship of the convention and your name listed on convention promotions.
The convention will be held entriely on Zoom along with the Porcupine app. A series of practice sessions will be held to get everyone prepared for the convention. Please register for the convention so the we can send you an email for the Zoom link and Procupine registration.
Note: This schedule is tentative and subject to change as the convention approaches!
Friday, September 25, 2020
- TBD Possible Virtual Social Event
Saturday, September 26, 2020
- 8:00 AM Registration and credentialing
- 9:00 – 9:15 AM Welcome and Housekeeping
- 9:15 – 9:20 AM Welcome from Chair and Call to Order
- 9:20 – 9:30 AM Appointment of Parliamentarian
- 9:30 – 9:45 AM Filling of any vacancies on the State Committee (As needed)
- 9:45 – 11:00 AM Adoption of Rules
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Adoption of Special Rules of Order for the Organizational Meeting
- 12:00 – 1:30 PM Break (possible Lunch Speaker)
- 1:30 – 4:00 PM Election of the Officers and Members At-Large of the Executive Committee
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM Keynote Speaker
- 5:00 PM Adjourn
- First Executive Committee Meeting
Sunday, September 27, 2020
- 8:00 AM Credentialing and Registration
- 9:00 AM Organizational Meeting called to order
- 12:00 – 1:30 PM Break
- 4:00 PM Adjourn