The Libertarian Party of New York is a recognized political party in New York State, which has as its primary objective the extension of individual freedom to its furthest limits. To that end the Party affirms the following principles as embodied in the party platform:
- Each individual possesses the inalienable right to life, liberty and justly acquired property.
- No person or institution, public or private, has the right to initiate the use of force or fraud against another.
- Individuals are entitled to choose their own lifestyles so long as they do not forcibly interfere with lives of others.
- The only moral purpose of government is the preservation of individual rights.
- The voluntary exchange of goods and services is essential for a free and prosperous society of diverse beliefs
In recognition of the fact that the initiation of force by government has been the chief instrument for the expropriation of individual rights and freedom, the Libertarian Party of New York enters the political arena for the avowed purpose of eliminating the intervention of government in moral, social and economic affairs by functioning as a libertarian political entity separate and distinct from all other political parties or movements and moving public policy in a libertarian direction by building a political party that elects Libertarians to public office.