The Libertarian Party of New York is seeking candidates to fill the position of Press Secretary. The Press Secretary is a volunteer position that is responsible for overseeing matters in regards to public relations of the Libertarian Party of New York. The Press Secretary must be a dues paying member of the Libertarian Party of New York.
Responsibilities of the Press Secretary
- a. Chairing the Public Relations Subcommittee.
- b. Maintaining relationships with the press and maintaining a database of press contacts.
- c. Drafting press releases, which includes collecting information and/or quotes from the proper individuals.
- d. Works under the Communications Director to distribute press releases through the press list, general e-mail list, social media, and other means.
- e. Works closely with the State Chair and Communications Director to ensure our message best represents the Libertarian Party of New York and effectively reaches the press.