The Libertarian Party of New York is seeking to fill the position of Political Director. The Political Director is a volunteer position that is responsible for overseeing the Political Division of the Libertarian Party of New York. The Political Director must be a dues paying member of the Libertarian Party of New York.
Political Division Description
- a. Candidates – Recruiting and vetting Candidates to run for office and training Candidates to run successful and effective campaigns. They will maintain a database of all Libertarian Candidates.
- b. Placing Volunteers – Identifying and placing Libertarians who are interested in working on campaigns.
- c. Database of Offices – It is important that we know all offices available, when they are available and how to qualify or run for each office. The Libertarian Party of New York will maintain a database of all elected offices and appointed offices on the website.
- d. Situational Awareness – Staying on top of media and current events and distributing that to Candidates so we are in the know and can react appropriately.
- a. Ballot Access & Petitioning Subcommittee – responsible for creating, organizing, and distributing petitions
- b. Candidate Recruitment Subcommittee – responsible for finding candidates
- c. Candidate Support Subcommittee – responsible for supporting candidates, providing resources, etc.
- d. Vetting Subcommittee – responsible for the vetting of candidates not covered by a chapter.
- a. Political Director
Responsibilities of Political Director
- a. Leading their division and populating the division’s subcommittees and positions.
- b. Carrying out the tasks for which their division is responsible.
- c. Reporting to the State Committee on the activities within their Division.
- d. Presenting motions on behalf of their Division for matters, which require a vote of the State Committee.
- e. Submitting a budget to the Finance Division.
- f. Overseeing the approved budget for the division and approving expenditures within the approved budget.
[gravityform id=”6″ title=”true” description=”true”]